The Atlanta Metropolis area currently has the largest population of Zambians anywhere in the world outside of Zambia. While moving to the United States to pursue the American Dream is what inspired the move for most, it is of top priority to maintain our connection to the Zambian community and culture—in Atlanta, Zambia, and around the world. The Association of Zambians in Atlanta (AZA) is dedicated to empowering the local community with a variety of monthly and year-round events and is excited to announce the first annual My Brother’s Keeper Men’s Lunch And Learn Seminar.
To Empower Personal And Professional Development
My Brother’s Keeper Seminar will be held on Saturday, August 11th from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM. During this 3-hour lunch and learn seminar Zambian men will have the opportunity to network, share a delicious Italian meal from our event host Maggiano’s Little Italy Restaurant, and listen to and participate in discussions aimed toward personal and professional development. Topics of discussion include:
- How can men have an impact in the Zambian community
- How can men be involved in charitable work in Zambia
- The need for youth mentorship in the Zambian Community
- Professional and business mentorship
- Quitting your job to start your own business
- How to acquire capital for your business
- Building and maintaining personal and business credit
- Real estate investments and home buying process
- How to make money in the trucking/transportation industry
- Taking care of yourself: mental and physical health for men
Space Is Limited So Reserve Your Spot Now!
Space is limited to 50 attendees so be sure to purchase your tickets as soon as possible. Tickets can be purchased online through Eventbrite or via Cashapp at 404-751-6802. The event will be held Saturday, August 11th from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM at:
Maggiano’s Little Italy Restaurant
4400 Ashford Dunwoody Road
Dunwoody, GA 30346
This is just one of the many events AZA hosts, including events for women and youth. We also have a scholarship program for students of all ages and a membership program to help you stay connected to our local Zambian community.